New ‘Drone policy’ announced; no security clearance required before registration. Check 30 key features
Besides, the new drone rules remove security clearance before any registration or licence issuance.
Based on the feedback, the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) said it decided to repeal the UAS Rules, 2021 and replace the same with the liberalised Drone Rules, 2021.
The Aviation ministry had published UAS Rules, 2021 in March.
- Here are 30 key features of Drone Rules 2021
1. According to the Civil Aviation Ministry, several approvals abolished: unique authorisation number, unique prototype identification number,certificate of manufacturing and airworthiness, certificate of conformance, certificate of maintenance, import clearance, acceptance of existing drones, operator permit, authorisation of R&D organisation, student remote pilot licence, remote pilot instructor authorisation, drone port authorisation etc.
2. Number of forms reduced from 25 to 5.
3. Types of fee reduced from 72 to 4.
4. Quantum of fee reduced to…