Exclusive data sets collected by heliguy™ show the quality of the DJI Zenmuse L1 for LiDAR drone surveying, and the power of DJI Terra as a data-processing tool.
Key findings from our sample data sets include:
- The L1 is capable of creating dense point clouds, like the one above;
- Rapid data processing through DJI Terra: Three minutes to process flight data from a 30-minute mission;
- Autonomous data collection makes the L1 an accessible and simple plug-and-play LiDAR solution;
- The L1 helped to identify intricate details on our point clouds, such as powerlines; features which were not visible in a 2D orthomosaic;
- The L1 features a LiDAR sensor and an RGB camera: Enables L1 to output true colour point clouds and reality models.
Recently released, the L1 is DJI’s first aerial LiDAR payload, engineered exclusively for flagship commercial drone, the DJI M300 RTK.
To gauge the quality of this set-up for aerial surveying, we conducted a single autonomous…